Monday, January 22, 2007

Mashing Up the Earth

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I download.
Compulsively.
Its not entirely unproductive, and I like to believe it has taught me a bit about music. In its own way its encouraged me to run out and pay for live performances. But what about the mash-ups and odd remixes? Well, I cant say I need to see all them things live. A mash-up is very much a science, delicate in measure and magnitude. It can go awry faster than a freshman romance.
Believe it.
That being said, here are a few I bump when Im not being a total music snob (and by music snob I mean listening to things I demure from putting on mixtapes...the south can talk dirty to me whenever it wants, stop trying to break us up!)

For them soft, squishy moments:
One in a Million
A little Blockhead(I would absolutely see him live...Im curious and a little bit in love)
True mash-up Magic(makes you wish you owned a hair iron)
Just because it got beat into the ground, doesnt mean its not still good...

Rockin out your benzi box:
Air-horns make everything better
Its all about Andre
Two Patron Saints of Brooklyn, together at last

Soon to come: Songs that are inappropriate to play at anytime for any reason...get ready to roll your eyes and press play

No comments: