Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Thump,Thump

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ahh, Valentines day....a day celebrating love and all its complicated nuances. Contemplating the whole thing tends to furrow the brow so bad the only thing that can make it right is a little bit of music. But what does that special someone, or someones (geez, it only gets more complicated doesn't it?) evoke the desire to say?

I want you, I need you, come back to me, back off of me, Im over the knots you tie in my chest...ok just this one last time.

Any of these statements ringing a bit too familiar???
Yeah, all of them, sometimes being spoken simultaneously...

Don't be afraid. Embrace it. The worst it can do is eat you alive and leave you a mumbling hermetic mess. But hey, it feeds the art, whatever your art may be (and if your only outlet is the bottle, then talk about a wellspring of inspiration!)

So here's an indulgent little gift, to assist the rumination of the many ways in which we love

Lust:
Muddy Waters-I Just Wanna Make Love
Magnetic Fields-underwear
Joi-What If I kissed You
Gregory Isaacs-Love You in the Morning

Devotion:
Marcia Atkins-Im Still in Love(Yes, that hook)
Otis-Thats How Strong My Love Is
Chet Baker-My Funny Valentine
Jose Gonzalez-Lovestain

Desperation, Dread, & Anger:
Playgroup-50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
TV on the Radio-Dont Love You
St Etienne-Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Tanya Stepehns-Part Time Lover
Dawn Penn-You Don't Love Me (No, No, No)
Joan Jett & The BlackHearts-I Hate Myself For Loving You

No comments: