Friday, November 24, 2006

Lord, Have Mercy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have a certain fixation with Jesus freaks and religious wingnuts of all sorts. Its not that I dont understand, I do. We all are forever looking for a thread to tie all this chaos together. For a blanket statement to wrap around our shoulders when this wind howl reality is busy goosbumping the skin.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


What I dont understand is some of the hatred that fuels the words and the passion. Why is it in order to find our own way, the need exists to bomb the bridges of our fellow journeymen?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Democratic National Convention, Boston July 2004
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The youngman carrying that sign couldnt be a day over 13. Do I blame his family for instating the seeds of hatred or do I wonder why he hasnt questioned his own intentions. This group stood within the bounds of the "free speech zone" (a small caged off area outside the Fleet Center during the convention. We can discuss the irony of that some other time), and boomed into the mic upon the podium speaking of things such as the democratic partys gay affiliations and how homosexuality (and they were not so polite in their terminology) is responsible for 9-11 and the shuttle crash. Scared yet? About a year later I saw a spokeswoman for this organization on a cable news network defending these beliefs and disclaiming notions of hate speech. Their website is GodHatesFags.com....if you use the word hate in your title doesnt it seem absurd to deny your intentions?

Bonnaroo 2005-Manchester, Tennessee
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I dont think any of these men are burning in hell. But I think Jesus might be mad at this guy for being such a lazy christian. Jesus didnt have a wheel you blaspheme!

The Jesus of my mind wears his thorns in his throat...
My Savior
And just cause I like it...
Bagels and Bananas
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: